Typical case —100×108m3/a commercial gas production construction project in South Yolotan gas field, Turkmenistan
Oil and gas processing plant is used to exploit natural gas from underground through gas well and the natural gas goes through such production processes as surface gathering, purification & processing, storage, metering before export etc. It mainly includes two parts: internal gathering & supporting project, natural gas processing plant & supporting project. The internal gathering and supporting project include internal gathering (incl. pre-processing plant), gas export, water source station, fire station and gas protection station (inside the pre-processing plant) etc. The natural gas processing plant and supporting project include natural gas processing plant, self-powered station, living district, road, railway, fire station and gas protection station. Automation control system of oil and gas processing plant includes all hardware and software related to PCS control system and SIS system, system design, training, integration and manufacturing, programming configuration, FAT, packing & shipping, on-site installation & power-on test, on-site commissioning, SAT, putting into operation, project management, after-sale service etc.
The Gas block of South Yolotan, Turkmenistan, locates in Mary State,
with Afghanistan on its south and Iran on its west. Mary City, the capital of Mary State, locates in
the south of Turkmenistan. One can go to the national
capital, Ashgabat, directly by rail, road and airplane. The place where the
project locates administratively belongs to Mary State and it is in the
southeast of Mary State, about 75km from Mary City. The area of the whole gas
field is 175km2. The traffic conditions in the region
are good. The railway from Ashe Abad to Afghanistan
goes through the region. The natural gas processing plant is intended to be
built near the railway, about 20 km from Sutan Binke Railway Station; gas field
area and natural gas processing plant locate in the south to Yolotan Town; the
export pipeline starts from the natural gas processing plant and ends at Shateleike
System composition and settings:
- The natural gas processing plant includes 6 sets of main process equipment, each of which includes one set of desulfurization and decarbonization unit, dehydration unit, hydrocarbon removal unit and sulfur recovery unit.
- Utility equipment includes 1 set of gas gathering system, 1 set of natural gas exporting unit, 1 set of condensate oil exporting unit, 1 set of unit of condensate oil tank area, 1 set of boiler room unit, 1 set of sulfur forming device, 3 sets of torch discharge port device, 2 sets of stabilization unit of condensate oil and supporting water processing and fire water device.
- The computer controlled system of the processing plant consists of PCS (Process Control System) and SIS (Safety Instruments System).
- PCS is used for centralized display alarm of process flow and gathering control of process parameters inside of the processing plant; it consists of DCS (Distributed Control System).
- SIS is used for safety monitoring and emergency interlock inside of the processing plant; the control system consists of the products with SIL3 Safety Level Certification (IEC 61508/IEC 61511).
- The computer controlled system (PCS and SIS) of the processing plant exchanges data with SCADA scheduling control center and receives the scheduling control command sent by the scheduling control center.
- See schematic diagram of the computer monitoring and control system of the whole plant for the composition of PCS and SIS.
- Centralized management and distributed control modes are employed for the computer control system in the processing plant. There are two types of the control room, i.e. central control room and equipment control room.
- In the operation room of the central control room, operators perform remote monitoring of main process parameters, such as temperature, pressure, flow rate, liquid level of the process units in the whole plant. The equipment control room is in attended process equipment room, and the operators on duty can perform remote monitoring of main process parameters, such as temperature, pressure, flow rate, liquid level of the process units in the operator station of the equipment-level control room.
- The natural gas processing plant has two equipment-level control rooms, i.e. control room of boil room and control room of sulfur forming.